Position Title: Executive Director
Location: Frazer, PA
Wings for Success is seeking an energetic, innovative and passionate self-starter for the role of Executive Director. Working closely with the Board in a collaborative approach, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Wings For Success’ staff, volunteers, programs, development, and the execution of its mission. The position reports to the Board of Directors through the Board President.
· In collaboration with the Board of Directors, develop and lead the strategy of the organization.
· Develop and implement annual operational plans consistent with the WFS Strategic Plan.
· Regularly evaluate program components, measure success and report to the Board, funders and other constituents.
· Coordinate and implement fundraising strategies, campaigns and materials. Maintain and expand revenue generation and fundraising activities to support existing program operations, expansion and organizational sustainability. This includes grant writing, maintaining a funding and activity calendar, implementing and monitoring metrics of fundraising activities.
· Identify ways and resources to deepen and refine all aspects of communication, including web presence, media, and social media within both the internal and external community.
· Lead, coach engage and recruit Wings staff and volunteers that are a diverse group who possess the skills and qualities which are aligned with the needs of the organization and our clients.
· Collaborate with Board Members, Committees, clients, referral partners, donors and funders in support of Wings’ mission and vision.
· Work collaboratively with staff, Finance Committee and the Board in preparing an annual budget. Ensure the organization operates within the budget through sound financial practices and in compliance with relevant organization policies and practices.
· Responsible for compliance with all Federal, State, and local applicable laws or statutes and for meeting non-profit industry standards.
· A passion for the mission and an unwavering commitment to quality programs, data-driven evaluation, and achievement of strategic objectives.
· Strong fundraising experience, including donor and community relations, event planning and execution.
· Proven excellence in organizational management, with the demonstrated ability to manage staff and volunteers, manage and develop team projects, and must be able to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Demonstrated ability in public speaking.
· Excellent networking skills with the ability to leverage and build extensive and diverse community contacts.
· Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, flexible, and collaborative with an innovative approach to business planning.
· Ability to work at both a strategic level and a detailed, tactical level.
· Self-directed, mission-driven, and works with the highest level of integrity.
· Strong attention to detail; excellent time management and leadership skills; ability to set priorities and delegate responsibilities
· Administratively self-sufficient with Microsoft Office (Windows & Excel), as well as be fluent in, or willing to learn, in the use of contact databases (CiviCRM).
· Working knowledge of non-profit fiscal management and the ability to manage a budget. Experience using Quickbooks is desirable.
Education & Experience Requirements:
· A Bachelor’s degree in business or nonprofit administration, finance, a related field, or equivalent experience. A Master’s degree is preferred.
· Five years management experience; a track record of effectively leading a local/regional/national performance and outcomes-based organization, including both staff and volunteers.
Please send a cover letter (please include your salary requirements) and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.