Please note: We are at capacity at both sites due to the overwhelming generosity of our supporters.
There will not be a donation day in December at either site. Please scroll to the bottom for other donations options.
We are only accepting winter coats, hats, scarves, gloves and gift cards to purchase underwear, bras and socks. Please contact Meredith for Exton and Carol for Kennett Square to coordinate a drop off time.
First Saturday of each month – both Kennett and Exton sites 9:00am to 12:00pm
Tax receipts will be given to you upon request when you donate your clothing.
NEW PROCEDURES FOR UPCOMING DONATION DAYS:
All donors must register in advance online and choose a time for drop-off.
For the safety of our donors and volunteers, we are limiting the number of people on-site and will require scheduled drop-off times for all donations.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE 3 STEPS BELOW TO DONATE CLOTHING TO WINGS:
STEP 1 – Register Online (only for months when donations are being accepted)
Please go to our sign-up list and choose a time to drop off your donations: No signup list this month
STEP 2 – Review Our Current Needs
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING FALL & WINTER CLOTHING AND ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING SUMMER CLOTHING..
PLEASE ONLY DONATE ITEMS FROM OUR CURRENT NEEDS LISTED BELOW:
- Business casual clothing
- Business casual shoes / flats
- Sneakers and boots, new or gently used
- Coats & blazers
- Handbags and jewelry
- Plain short sleeve and long sleeve casual shirts
- Skinny style / tapered pants & jeans
- Brand new (with tags) bras and shapewear: Nude, black and white, & larger sizes
*We also accept designer items that we consign and use the proceeds to purchase clothing essentials such as bras, underwear, and medical scrubs.
Marshals reusable bags can be purchased for $1 and are always in need for our client sessions.
Please note that the majority of our clients are between the ages of 22 and 35.
Preferred Donation Standards
- Purchased in the past 3 years
- New or like-new condition
- Clean and odor-free
- Free of any needed repairs
- For the current season or transitional seasons
- We cannot accept used undergarments
- Free from visible wear, inside and out for handbags and shoes
Currently Not Accepting
- Summer Clothing/Coats/Accessories
- Formal Wear
- We do not accept men’s or children’s clothing – Please scroll to the bottom for local partners who do.
STEP 3 – Prepare Your Donation to Bring to Wings
DUE TO LIMITED SPACE AT BOTH SITES, DONORS ARE LIMITED TO 2 LARGE SHOPPING BAGS OR 2 BOXES, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Please place neatly folded clothing in two re-usable shopping bags or boxes that we can re-use for our clients (we do not currently need hangers.)
- Accessories & jewelry may also be placed in reusable shopping bags.
- We prefer that donations are not delivered in large plastic trash bags or bins. Also, please do not bring shoes in shoe boxes.
Donating women’s clothes and accessories to Wings is an important way to support our organization. We appreciate and depend on the generosity of our community to keep our closets full. We are in need of quality clothing in current styles, both professional and business casual, in new or like-new condition, that follow our preferred standards.
Because of the nature of our program, we need to adhere to standards that will allow the women from our community to present themselves for interviews and employment at their best.
If have a large quantity of clothing to donate to Wings that follow our preferred standards and current needs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 610-644-6323 prior to dropping off your donation.
Clothing and Accessory Drives
We are often approached by community organizations and businesses asking how they can help as a group. One of the most popular choices is to host a drive. Drives asking for specific donations of new and like-new jewelry, purses, scrubs, coats, and toiletries have been popular with groups.
If this is something you’re interested in organizing with your group or business, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 610-644-6323 prior to planning your collection.
Gift card donations are a wonderful resource for Wings to help us purchase additional items that we may need for our clients. Gift cards from the following stores are most helpful: Amazon, Kohls, Marshall’s, Target, TJ Maxx, and Walmart.
Other Donation Notes
We are unable to pick-up donations with the exception of a retailer with new items.
We do occasionally consign selected items that have been donated to us so that we may purchase needed items for our clients (such as new undergarments) from the proceeds of those sales.
Please note, we may have to cancel or change our donation day due to inclement weather. In the event of a cancellation, check back for updates on a rescheduled date.
Looking to donate items we aren’t currently accepting?
Check out some other local organizations; please call ahead to ask what they are currently accepting.
- Church of the Good Samaritan Thrift Shop – Paoli, PA: 610-644-4040
- St. Paul’s Baptist Church – West Chester, PA: 610-692-2446
- First Presbyterian Church – Phoenixville, PA: 610-933-8816
- Avon Grove Church of the Nazarene – West Grove, PA: 610-869-9500
- CityTeam – Chester, PA (children’s clothing, toys, household goods and men’s suits): 610-872-6865