DONATION DAY UPDATE:
For the safety of our volunteers, donors, and clients, we have updated our donation policies. Even if you have donated in the past, please look over our donation standards and current needs prior to bringing your donation to Wings. Thank you to our generous donors and community for your patience and understanding during this time.
NEW PROCEDURES FOR UPCOMING DONATION DAYS:
For the safety of our donors and volunteers, we are limiting the amount of people on-site and will require scheduled drop-off times for all donations. All donors must register online and choose a time for drop-off. Please complete our online Donation Day Registration Form to sign up for your donation time slot.
NOTE: DUE TO LIMITED SPACE AT BOTH SITES, DONORS ARE LIMITED TO 2 LARGE SHOPPING BAGS OR 2 BOXES, NO EXCEPTIONS. PLEASE ONLY DONATE ITEMS FROM OUR CURRENT NEEDS LISTED BELOW.
PLEASE WEAR A MASK WHEN BRINGING YOUR DONATION TO WINGS.
We are currently accepting the following women’s items in all sizes, new/like-new condition on our upcoming October donation days:
- Business casual Fall and Winter clothing
- Fall jackets and booties
- Winter clothing: coats, sweaters, scarves, hats, gloves, and boots
- Sneakers, new or gently used (especially black sneakers in sizes 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9)
- Business casual shoes / flats
- Handbags, in new or like-new condition, especially black
- Lightweight jackets and blazers (no shoulder pads)
- Jewelry (any type)
- Skinny style / tapered pants & jeans (especially larger & plus sizes)
- New smooth-cup bras and shapewear in nude, black and white, especially larger sizes
*We also accept designer items that we consign and use the proceeds to purchase clothing essentials such as bras, underwear and medical scrubs.
Please note that the majority of our clients are between the ages of 22 and 35.
Currently Not Accepting
- Summer Clothing
- Formal Wear
- We do not accept men’s or children’s clothing
Next Donation Days:
WINGS KENNETT SQUARE – SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3RD FROM 9 AM TO 12 PM
345 Scarlet Road, Kennett Square, PA 19348
*located to the right of Big Lots in the New Garden Shopping Center
WINGS FRAZER – SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10TH FROM 9 AM TO 12 PM
490 Lancaster Ave, Frazer, PA 19355
*located in the post office shopping center
Tax receipts are available at the time of drop off.
Donating women’s clothes and accessories to Wings is an important way to support our organization. We appreciate and depend on the generosity of our community to keep our closets full. We are in need of quality clothing in current styles, both professional and business casual that are new or like new condition, that follow our preferred standards.
Because of the nature of our program, we need to adhere to standards that will allow the women from our community to present themselves for interviews and employment at their best.
Preferred Donation Standards
- purchased in the past 3 years
- new or like new condition
- clean and odor-free
- free of any needed repairs
- for the current season or transitional seasons
- free from visible wear, inside and out for handbags and shoes
How to Prepare Your Donation
- Please place neatly folded clothing in two re-usable shopping bags or boxes that we can re-use for our clients.
- Accessories & jewelry may also be placed in reusable shopping bags.
- We prefer that donations are not delivered in large plastic trash bags or bins. Also, please do not bring shoes in shoe boxes.
If have a large quantity of clothing to donate to Wings that follow our preferred standards and current needs, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 610-644-6323 prior to dropping off your donation.
Clothing and Accessory Drives
We are often approached by community organizations and businesses asking how they can help as a group. One of the most popular choices is to host a drive. Drives asking for specific donations of new and like-new jewelry, purses, scrubs, coats, and toiletries have been popular with groups.
If this is something you’re interested in organizing with your group or business, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 610-644-6323 prior to planning your collection.
Gift card donations are a wonderful resource for Wings to help us purchase additional items that we may need for our clients. Gift cards from the following stores are most helpful: Amazon, Kohls, Marshall’s, Target, TJ Maxx, and Walmart.
Other Donation Notes
We are unable to pick-up donations with the exception of a retailer with new items.
We do occasionally consign selected items that have been donated to us so that we may purchase needed items for our clients (such as new undergarments) from the proceeds of those sales.
Please note, we may have to cancel or change our donation day due to inclement weather. In the event of a cancellation, check back for updates on a rescheduled date.
LOOKING FOR PLACES WHERE YOU MIGHT DONATE OTHER ITEMS?
Check out our local list! Please call ahead to ask what they are currently accepting.
- Church of the Good Samaritan Thrift Shop – Paoli, PA: 610-644-4040
- St. Paul’s Baptist Church – West Chester, PA: 610-692-2446
- First Presbyterian Church – Phoenixville, PA: 610-933-8816
- His Mission – Kennett Square, PA (men’s clothing): 610-444-2559
- Avon Grove Church of the Nazarene – West Grove, PA: 610-869-9500
- CityTeam – Chester, PA (children’s clothing, toys, household goods and men’s suits): 610-872-6865