DONATION DAY UPDATE:
Thank you to our generous donors and community for your patience and understanding during this time. For the safety of our volunteers, donors, and clients, we will not have donation drop off days in June at either Wings location.
We plan to resume our donation days in July. Please review the details below for our current needs, donation dates and what we are able to accept during this time.
We also have a desperate need for monetary support to purchase medical scrubs. $25 provides a woman with one top & bottom. Since we provide every client with two sets of scrubs $50 per woman adds up quickly! In lieu of clothes, please consider giving the gift of equipping these essential workers. Click to make an online donation today!
Donating women’s clothes and accessories to Wings is an important way to support our organization. We appreciate and depend on the generosity of our community to keep our closets full. We are in need of quality clothing in current styles, both professional and business casual that are new or like new condition, that follow our preferred standards.
Because of the nature of our program, we need to adhere to standards that will allow the women from our community to present themselves for interviews and employment at their best.
Even if you have donated in the past, please look over our donation standards and current needs prior to bringing your donation to Wings.
Please note that the majority of our clients are between the ages of 22 and 35.
Preferred Donation Standards
- purchased in the past 3 years
- new or like new condition
- clean and odor-free
- free of any needed repairs
- for the current season or transitional seasons
- free from visible wear, inside and out for handbags and shoes
Current Donation Needs
- Medical scrubs (without logos)
- Handbags, in new or like-new condition, especially black
- Business casual shoes/flats
- Sneakers, new or gently used
- Lightweight jackets and blazers (no shoulder pads)
- Jewelry (any type)
- Business casual summer clothing
- Skinny style / tapered pants & jeans
- New smooth-cup bras and shapewear in nude, black and white, especially larger sizes
Currently Not Accepting
- Winter clothing: boots, coats, heavy blazers, wool suits, sweaters, heavy pants, scarves, hats, gloves
- We do not accept men’s or children’s clothing
PLEASE NOTE: Due to limited space at both sites, we can only accept 2 bags per donor of items based on our current clothing needs.
NEXT DONATION DROP OFF DATE AT BOTH WINGS SITES:
SATURDAY JULY 11th FROM 9AM – 12PM
WINGS KENNETT SQUARE
345 Scarlet Road, Kennett Square, PA 19348
*located to the right of Big Lots in the
New Garden Shopping Center
490 Lancaster Ave, Frazer, PA 19355
*located in the post office shopping center
How to Prepare Your Donation
- Please place clothing on hangers or folded neatly in re-usable shopping bags that we can re-use for our clients.
- Accessories & jewelry may also be placed in reusable shopping bags.
- We prefer that donations are not delivered in boxes, large plastic trash bags, or bins. Also, please do not bring shoes in shoe boxes.
If have a large quantity of clothing to donate to Wings that follow our preferred standards, please email us or call us at 610-644-6323 prior to dropping off your donation.
Clothing and Accessory Drives
We are often approached by community organizations and businesses asking how they can help as a group. One of the most popular choices is to host a drive. Drives asking for specific donations of new and like-new jewelry, purses, scrubs, coats, and toiletries have been popular with groups.
If this is something you’re interested in organizing with your group or business, please email us or call us at 610-644-6323 prior to planning your collection.
Other Donation Notes
We are unable to pick-up donations with the exception of a retailer with new items.
We do occasionally consign selected items that have been donated to us so that we may purchase needed items for our clients (such as new undergarments) from the proceeds of those sales.
Donation days are held once per month at each of our Wings locations:
Frazer Location (490 Lancaster Ave., Frazer, PA) – 2nd Saturday morning of each month from 9 AM – 12 PM – NEXT DONATION DAY IS SATURDAY, JULY 11, 9 AM TO 12 PM
Kennett Square Location (345 Scarlet Rd., Kennett Square, PA) – 1st Saturday morning of each month from 9am to 12pm – PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR JULY, THE DONATION DAY IS SATURDAY, JULY 11, 9 AM TO 12 PM
You do not need to make an appointment to donate during our Saturday donation day. Tax receipts are available at the time of drop off.
Please note, we may have to cancel or change our donation day due to inclement weather during the winter months, in the event of a cancellation, check back for updates on a rescheduled date.
If you haven’t already, please read the information above for our donation standards and current needs and visit our events calendar for our upcoming donation day dates.
Looking for donation locations for other items? These organizations also accept donations, but please call ahead to learn more about their donation details.
- Church of the Good Samaritan Thrift Shop Paoli, PA: (610) 644-4040, https://www.good-samaritan.org/thrift-shop
- First Presbyterian Church Phoenixville, PA: (610) 933-8816, https://fpc-phoenixville.org/
- His Mission Kennett Square (men’s clothing): (610) 444-2559
- Avon Grove Church of the Nazarene in West Grove: (610) 869-9500, https://www.avongrove.church/