NEW PROCEDURES FOR UPCOMING DONATION DAYS:
For the safety of our donors and volunteers, we are limiting the number of people on-site and will require scheduled drop-off times for all donations. All donors must register in advance online and choose a time for drop-off.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE 3 STEPS BELOW TO DONATE CLOTHING TO WINGS:
STEP 1 – Register Online
STEP 2 – Review Our Current Needs
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING SPRING/SUMMER CLOTHING AND ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING WINTER CLOTHING.
PLEASE ONLY DONATE ITEMS FROM OUR CURRENT NEEDS LISTED BELOW:
- Business casual spring/summer clothing
- Business casual shoes/flats
- Lightweight spring jackets/blazers
- Plain long sleeve casual shirts
- Pants & jeans (skinny style/tapered and wide-leg, especially larger & plus sizes)
- Sneakers, new or gently used – specifically in need of sizes: 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7.5, 8, and 9.5
- Handbags, in new or like-new condition, especially black
- Jewelry (any type)
- Brand new (with tags) smooth-cup bras and shapewear in nude, black, and white, especially larger sizes
*We also accept designer items that we consign and use the proceeds to purchase clothing essentials such as bras, underwear, and medical scrubs.
Please note that the majority of our clients are between the ages of 22 and 35.
Preferred Donation Standards
- purchased in the past 3 years
- new or like-new condition
- clean and odor-free
- free of any needed repairs
- for the current season or transitional seasons
- free from visible wear, inside and out for handbags and shoes
Currently Not Accepting
- Winter Clothing
- Formal Wear
- We do not accept men’s or children’s clothing
STEP 3 – Prepare Your Donation to Bring to Wings
DUE TO LIMITED SPACE AT BOTH SITES, DONORS ARE LIMITED TO 2 LARGE SHOPPING BAGS OR 2 BOXES, NO EXCEPTIONS.
PLEASE WEAR A MASK WHEN BRINGING YOUR DONATION TO WINGS.
- Please place neatly folded clothing in two re-usable shopping bags or boxes that we can re-use for our clients (we do not currently need hangers.)
- Accessories & jewelry may also be placed in reusable shopping bags.
- We prefer that donations are not delivered in large plastic trash bags or bins. Also, please do not bring shoes in shoe boxes.
Next Donation Days:
SATURDAY, JUNE 5TH FROM 9 AM TO 12 PM
Wings Kennett Square – 345 Scarlet Road, Kennett Square, PA 19348
*located to the right of Big Lots in the New Garden Shopping Center
SATURDAY, JUNE 12TH FROM 9 AM TO 12 PM
Wings Frazer – 490 Lancaster Ave, Frazer, PA 19355
*located in the post office shopping center
Tax receipts will be emailed to donors following donation day.
Donating women’s clothes and accessories to Wings is an important way to support our organization. We appreciate and depend on the generosity of our community to keep our closets full. We are in need of quality clothing in current styles, both professional and business casual, in new or like-new condition, that follow our preferred standards.
Because of the nature of our program, we need to adhere to standards that will allow the women from our community to present themselves for interviews and employment at their best.
If have a large quantity of clothing to donate to Wings that follow our preferred standards and current needs, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 610-644-6323 prior to dropping off your donation.
Clothing and Accessory Drives
We are often approached by community organizations and businesses asking how they can help as a group. One of the most popular choices is to host a drive. Drives asking for specific donations of new and like-new jewelry, purses, scrubs, coats, and toiletries have been popular with groups.
If this is something you’re interested in organizing with your group or business, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 610-644-6323 prior to planning your collection.
Gift card donations are a wonderful resource for Wings to help us purchase additional items that we may need for our clients. Gift cards from the following stores are most helpful: Amazon, Kohls, Marshall’s, Target, TJ Maxx, and Walmart.
Other Donation Notes
We are unable to pick-up donations with the exception of a retailer with new items.
We do occasionally consign selected items that have been donated to us so that we may purchase needed items for our clients (such as new undergarments) from the proceeds of those sales.
Please note, we may have to cancel or change our donation day due to inclement weather. In the event of a cancellation, check back for updates on a rescheduled date.
Looking to donate items we aren’t currently accepting?
Check out some other local organizations; please call ahead to ask what they are currently accepting.
- Church of the Good Samaritan Thrift Shop – Paoli, PA: 610-644-4040
- St. Paul’s Baptist Church – West Chester, PA: 610-692-2446
- First Presbyterian Church – Phoenixville, PA: 610-933-8816
- His Mission – Kennett Square, PA (men’s clothing): 610-444-2559
- Avon Grove Church of the Nazarene – West Grove, PA: 610-869-9500
- CityTeam – Chester, PA (children’s clothing, toys, household goods and men’s suits): 610-872-6865