Donating women’s clothes and accessories to Wings is an important way to support our organization. We appreciate and depend on the generosity of our community to keep our closets full.
Because of the nature of our program, we need to adhere to standards that will allow the women from our community to present themselves for interviews and employment at their best.
We are in need of quality clothing in current styles, both professional and business casual that are new or like new condition, that follow our preferred standards.
DONATION DAY UPDATE:
For the safety of our volunteers, donors & clients, our donation days scheduled for April at both Wings Frazer and Kennett Square offices have been canceled.
Next Drop-Off Dates & Details:
SATURDAY, MAY 2ND FROM 9AM – 12PM
345 Scarlet Road, Kennett Square, PA 19348
*located to the right of Big Lots in the New Garden Shopping Center
SATURDAY, MAY 9TH FROM 9AM – 12PM
490 Lancaster Ave, Frazer, PA 19355
*located in the post office shopping center
PLEASE NOTE: Due to limited space at both sites, we can only accept 2 bags of items per donor based on our current clothing needs. Please review our current needs, listed below, prior to preparing your donation for Wings.
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
Even if you have donated in the past, please look over our donation standards and current needs prior to bringing your donation to Wings.
Please note that the majority of our clients are between the ages of 22 and 35.
Preferred Donation Standards
- purchased in the past 3 years
- new or like new condition
- clean and odor-free
- free of any needed repairs
- for the current season or transitional seasons
- free from visible wear, inside and out for handbags and shoes
Current Donation Needs
- Medical scrubs (without logos)
- Handbags, in new or like-new condition, especially black
- Professional shoes/flats
- Sneakers, new or gently used
- Lightweight Spring jackets and blazers (no shoulder pads)
- Jewelry (any type)
- Spring/Summer blouses
- Skinny style / tapered pants & jeans
- New smooth-cup bras and shapewear in nude, black and white, especially larger sizes
Currently Not Accepting
- Winter clothing: boots, coats, heavy blazers, wool suits, sweaters, heavy pants, scarves, hats, gloves
- We do not accept men’s or children’s clothing
How to Prepare Your Donation
- Please place clothing on hangers or folded neatly in re-usable shopping bags that we can re-use for our clients.
- Accessories & jewelry may also be placed in reusable shopping bags.
- We prefer that donations are not delivered in boxes, large plastic trash bags, or bins. Also, please do not bring shoes in shoe boxes.
If have a large quantity of clothing to donate to Wings that follow our preferred standards, please email us or call us at 610-644-6323 prior to dropping off your donation.
Clothing and Accessory Drives
We are often approached by community organizations and businesses asking how they can help as a group. One of the most popular choices is to host a drive. Drives asking for specific donations of new and like-new jewelry, purses, scrubs, coats, and toiletries have been popular with groups.
If this is something you’re interested in organizing with your group or business, please email us or call us at 610-644-6323 prior to planning your collection.
Donation days are held once per month at each of our Wings locations:
Frazer Location (490 Lancaster Ave., Frazer, PA) – 2nd Saturday morning of each month from 9am – 12pm.
Kennett Square Location (345 Scarlet Rd., Kennett Square, PA) – 1st Saturday morning of each month from 9am to 12pm.
You do not need to make an appointment to donate during our Saturday donation day. Tax receipts are available at the time of drop off.
Please note, we may have to cancel or change our donation day due to inclement weather during the winter months, in the event of a cancellation, check back for updates on a rescheduled date.
If you haven’t already, please read the information above for our donation standards and current needs and visit our events calendar for our upcoming donation day dates.
Other Donation Notes
We are unable to pick-up donations with the exception of a retailer with new items.
We do occasionally consign selected items that have been donated to us so that we may purchase needed items for our clients (such as new undergarments) from the proceeds of those sales.